We’ve just launched our biggest giveaway ever … again!
Ready for a little black magic? We’ve been brewing up something special just for you … think spooktacular treats, ghoulish tricks and a heck of a hunt! We know how much you love it, so we’re launching our biggest giveaway ever … again! That’s right witches, our annual Trick or Treat scavenger hunt is back, and this year there are some seriously wicked treats coming your way!
For the fourth year running, The Weekend Edition has launched an exciting game with its readers – a little game called Trick or Treat. Starting today, Monday October 28 until Wednesday October 30, readers have the chance to join in a scavenger hunt on The Weekend Edition Brisbane, hunting for randomly placed pumpkins that will reveal a wicked trick, or wickedly delightful treat. There are more than 50 prizes to be won – you could win dining vouchers, event and movie tickets, overnight accommodation and a whole lot more!
So how can you play? All you need to do is visit The Weekend Edition Brisbane between Monday October 28 and 5:00 pm Wednesday October 30. As you search through the site, you’ll find randomly placed pumpkins in a number of stories. Simply click on the pumpkin to reveal either a trick (boo!) or treat (woo!). If you get tricked keep searching – there are plenty of prizes up for grabs and new prizes will be released each day. If you get a treat, you’ll be prompted to enter your details to claim your prize – but you’ll only have ten minutes to do so before a ghoul steals it back from you! Remember it’s only one prize per person and if you’ve won on our Gold Coast site, you can’t win on Brisbane! If you don’t fancy the treat you’ve found, try your luck and keep hunting, and leave that one for someone else.
So, what’s up for grabs this year? We’ll tell you …
- 1 x Melbourne Cup Staycation Package for two at Rydges South Bank, including two tickets to Soleil Pool Bar’s Melbourne Cup Garden Party on Tuesday November 5, plus overnight accommodation in a deluxe level room, breakfast for two at Bacchus and car parking, valued at $684.
- 1 x Holey Moley Golf Club party for ten people, including 18 holes of golf, pizzas and a cocktail on arrival, valued at $620.
- 1 x B. Lucky & Sons extravaganza for five people, including a $50 game card each, cocktails and food, valued at $500.
- 1 x mid-week staycation at The Calile Hotel with a Mercedes-Benz for your stay, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz Brisbane, valued at $450.
- 1 x overnight stay in a King Luxury Room at Sofitel Brisbane, plus breakfast for two at Thyme2 Restaurant and self parking, valued at approximately $400.
- 1 x overnight stay in a one-bedroom apartment at Alcyone Hotel Residences, including car parking and free WiFi, valued at $330.
- 1 x day pass for two people to Woodford Folk Festival to the day of your choice at the 2019/20 festival, plus a car pass, valued at $289.
- 1 x double pass to Regatta Hotel’s Melbourne Cup Gala Event on Tuesday November 5, with a three-hour beverage package from 12:00–3:00 pm and food stations including a bao bun bar, high-tea station and cheese and charcuterie pop-up deli, valued at $240.
- 1 x pass for four people to see Josh Thomas at Brisbane Powerhouse on Friday November 1, valued at $226.50.
- 1 x a brewery tour and woodfired pizza for four people at XXXX Brewery and Alehouse, valued at up to $212.
- 3 x premium double passes to Opera Queensland’s Orpheus & Eurydice at Playhouse, QPAC on Tuesday November 5 at 6:30 pm, Thursday November 7 at 6:30 pm and Saturday November 9 at 1:30 pm, valued at $208 each.
- 2 x Strike Escape Room experiences for six people, valued at $204 each.
- 1 x $200 dining voucher for Vintaged Bar + Grill, valued at $200.
- 1 x $200 Mr Pervical’s voucher, valued at $200.
- 1 x $200 Cloudland voucher, valued at $200.
- 1 x $200 Empire Hotel voucher, valued at $200.
- 1 x $200 Press Club voucher, valued at $200.
- 2 x double passes to Queensland Chamber Orchestra’s Camerata and QPAC present When The World Was Wide on Thursday November 28 at 7:00 pm at Concert Hall, QPAC, valued at $170 each.
- 4 x Bottomless Spritz, Chips and Calamari packages for four people at The Defiant Duck, including bottomless gin spritz with a serving of calamari and chips available Saturdays from either 3:00–5:00 pm or 6:00–8:00 pm, valued at $140 each.
- 2 x $100 dinner vouchers for Lady Marmalade, valued at $100 each.
- 2 x $100 Betty’s Burgers Dinner Date vouchers, valued at $100 each.
- 2 x $100 vouchers to spend at Fredericks at West Village, valued at $100 each.
- 3 x Ugly Xmas Rashies from Cancer Council Queensland, valued at $69.96 each.
- 4 x $50 The Yiros Shop vouchers for use at any location, valued at $50 each.
- 5 x double passes to INXS Live Baby Live at Wembley Stadium at Event Cinemas on Thursday November 14, valued at $40 each.
- 10 x double passes to Five Star Cinemas (New Farm Cinemas or Elizabeth Picture Theatre), valued at $32 each.Happy hunting!
View the full terms and conditions here.