Galway Oyster and Seafood Festival at D’Arcy Arms
Fresh seafood and ice-cold brews – it’s an unbeatable pairing, and the Irish tend to agree with us! If you’re also partial to a pint of stout and love everything oceanic, head down to the much loved D’Arcy Arms this weekend for its celebration of the iconic Galway Oyster and Seafood Festival. Originally established in 1954 to celebrate Galway’s rich annual oyster harvest, the festival has since grown and is now one of the largest internationally recognised Irish events. We may not be able to flock to Galway’s shores to enjoy the epicurean delights ourselves, but this is the next best thing.
D’Arcy Arms Irish Pub in Surfers Paradise are getting-in on all the action of the Galway Oyster and Seafood Festival with a day of craic from 12:00 pm this Saturday October 30 and Sunday October 31.
Expect sublime seafood specials such as:
- Fresh natural rock oysters with lemon
- Oysters kilpatrick
- Harvey Bay half-shell scallops with panko crumble and garlic butter
- Fresh Queensland tiger prawns with lemon
- Creamy garlic prawns
- Grilled honey bugs
- Beer-battered fish ‘n’ chips
- Fish burgers
- Prawn risotto
On Saturday October 30 expect to enjoy the following entertainment:
- 12:30–3:30 pm – The Gathering
- 4:00– 7:00 pm – Mark and Mary Butler
- Irish dancing displays from the Carolan Academy of Irish Dancing
On Sunday October 31 be treated to the sounds of Mark Butler and Salliana from 2:00–5:00 pm.