Terms and conditions: Curiocity
By entering The Weekend Edition’s Curiocity Competition, as a subscriber of The Weekend Edition you accept the following terms and conditions:
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Prize is two (2) nights’ accommodation (double or twin) at 4.5 star Novotel Brisbane South Bank on Friday 19 and Saturday 20 March, two (2) tickets to GOMA’s The Motorcycle Up Late on Friday 19 March, dinner for two (2) people at Goldfinch (to the value of $100) on Saturday 20 March, and two (2) tickets to Curious Conversations ‘An Engineer and a Guitarist walk into a bar…” on Saturday 20 March, including a meet and greet with Master of Curious Conversations Benjamin Law.
- The total Prize value is $596.
- Prize is non-transferable or redeemable for cash.
- There is a total of one (1) prize available.
- The Winner will be contacted via phone and email.
- Prize collection will be coordinated through Curiocity and The Weekend Edition. All prize winners will be contacted with appropriate prize colllection information.
- The Promoter of the Competition is The Weekend Edition, a division of Colour Chiefs Pty Ltd ABN 13 082 488 695 whose principal office is at 41 Victoria Street, Windsor, 4030.
- Information on Prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
How to Enter:
- To participate in the Competition, the entrant must subscribe or have subscribed to The Weekend Edition’s e-news.
- Existing subscribers only need to enter the competition on The Weekend Edition website.
- Entrants must fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on The Weekend Edition website. If you do not supply the information, your entry will be deemed invalid. You may only enter this competition once.
- Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The Prize is not negotiable or redeemable for cash.
- The Prize must be redeemed by the Prize Winner.
- Eligibility: to be eligible to enter this Competition, a person must:
- be over 18 years of age
- be permanent residents of the State of Queensland
- fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on The Weekend Edition website
- not be employees of The Weekend Edition and their immediate families, the staff of companies involved in the production, publishing and administration of this promotion and their immediate family means parents, siblings, defacto, spouse, children and grandparents.
- Competition Dates: The Competition commences at the time the competition is published on The Weekend Edition webpage Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) and closes at the time and date established on The Weekend Edition’s competition page. All entries must be received by the Promoter by 11:59 am AEST on Sunday March 15, 2020.
- Competition Draw: Winners will be randomly drawn on the date and time established on the competition page at The Weekend Edition Office, 41 Victoria Street, Windsor 4030. The Winners of the Prize will be the first eligible entries randomly drawn. The decision will be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner Notification: The Weekend Edition will notify winners by email by COB the day established on the competition page The Weekend Edition reserves the right to use information regarding the Winners of the Competition for marketing purposes, including publication of their names on the websites maintained by the Promoter.
- No liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prizes to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the Competition or acceptance of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or cancel the Competition at any time prior to the Competition opening without further recourse to the entrants.
- Important – Privacy: The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Competition and of periodically providing entrants with marketing information about the Promoter’s products and services. By entering this Competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes described in this clause.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.
- In the case of intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolution discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start with the same conditions.
- The Promoter of the Competition is The Weekend Edition, a division of Colour Chiefs Pty Ltd ABN 13 082 488 695 whose principal office is at 41 Victoria Street, Windsor, 4030