Guide to Home Composting at Biome
Did you know that up to half the waste thrown out by Australian households is organic material? Or that the methane produced by this matter rotting in landfill is responsible for 5% of our greenhouse gas emissions? More councils around the country are starting to accept this waste through regular curbside collections diverting it from landfill, but for those that don’t we can still help at home and get some rewards for our efforts!
Come join the Biome team for their new workshop – Guide to Home Composting – hosted by Jess and Nat, the duo behind the Miami community compost hub, Seed the Ground. Whether you’re brand-new to composting or are already doing it but still have questions, looking for tips on setting up a backyard compost heap or only have space under the kitchen sink this workshop will have something for you!
What you’ll learn:
- What is compost and why is it important?
- The four components of compost and how to combine them for the best results
- Two easy systems that you can use at home to compost all of your food waste (and some from your pets)
- Troubleshooting your compost
- Four top tips to manage your compost
- How to harvest your compost