Missed out on tickets to From Brissy, With Love? You can still join the fun(draising) – and win some incredible prizes!
In case you missed it, last week we announced that we were joining forces with the team behind iconic Newstead live-music institution The Triffid to support From Brissy, With Love – A Fire Relief Benefit. While the concert component of the event sold out in record time, there are plenty of reasons to come along in the early afternoon. There’s live music, mouthwatering bites and more, plus we’ve assembled a collection of seriously phenomenal prizes for the event’s charity raffle – we’re talking the kind of haul that’ll have you digging deep for a good cause.
On Sunday January 19, The Triffid will play host to some of Australia’s finest musicians for a concert raising funds for bushfire-relief initiatives across the country. The announcement of the line-up, which features Alex the Astronaut, Thelma Plum, Kira Puru, The Grates and Tia Gostelow – caused quite a stir, with tickets to the evening’s show snatched up within days. If you didn’t snag a ticket for yourself, don’t fret! The day includes plenty more fun for you to enjoy, as well as other ways to donate to the fire-relief cause. All are welcome to hit up The Triffid’s beer garden from 2:00 pm to enjoy the sounds of Mojo Webb, and from 3:00–6:00 pm you’ll be able to chow down at our charity barbecue, with the team behind Ben O’Donoghue’s Billykart and Bender’s Bar manning the grill. The Mexican-inspired hot dog menu will boast three options to choose from (including carnivorous and vegan-friendly options), with all profits going towards the fundraising efforts.
The Weekend Edition and The Triffid have called upon their pals from Brisbane and the Gold Coast to assemble a treasure trove of prizes for the event’s fundraising raffle. Throughout the afternoon, we’ll be giving away these covetable prizes to some very lucky winners, including:
- Two nights in a poolside room at James Street’s five-star hotel The Calile (including daily breakfast and on-site parking)
- A $600 dining experience at neo-Chinese restaurant Little Valley
- A $600 extravaganza at oceanside restaurant Rick Shores in Burleigh Heads
- An Ibanez electric guitar donated by Riffs and Licks Music signed by the From Brissy, With Love artists
- A theatre package including an overnight stay at Rydges South Bank, two A-Reserve tickets to The Book of Mormon at QPAC on Friday January 24 pre-theatre dining and next-morning breakfast for two at Bacchus Restaurant
- One night of accomodation at QT Gold Coast in an Ocean View Suite (including breakfast for two at Bazaar Marketplace)
- A $300 modern Thai feast at sAme sAme on Ada Lane
- A double pass to any non-seated show of your choice at The Fortitude Music Hall
- A double pass to any non-seated show of your choice at The Triffid
- A gaming experience for you and three friends at B. Lucky & Sons in The Valley, including an hour of free games, pizzas to share and cocktails on arrival
- An 18-hole session (with pizza and cocktails) at Holey Moley Golf Club in Fortitude Valley for you and three pals
- Six tickets to Paul McDermott and Gatesy at Brisbane Comedy Festival on Sunday March 8 at 5:00 pm at Brisbane Powerhouse
- A merch and beer pack from famed Byron Bay craft-beer brewers Stone & Wood
- A prize pack from local alt-rock heroes Violent Soho, including a signed poster and vinyls
- A merch pack including gear from all of the From Brissy, With Love artists
Raffle tickets will cost $10 each (or five for $40), and will be sold across the day with a draw at 5:00 pm and a draw at 9:00 pm. All profits from the event will be donated to Fire Relief For First Nations Communities, NSW Rural Fire Service, Victoria’s Country Fire Authority, and WIRES.