EAT/drink terms & conditions
By entering The Weekend Edition Gold Coast’s 2019 EAT/drink Awards Voting Competition, as a subscriber of The Weekend Edition Gold Coast you accept the following terms and conditions:
Voting Terms and Conditions
- You can only vote once in the 2019 Gold Coast EAT/drink awards, sponsored by Newstead Brewing Co..
- The Main Prize is one (1) VIP prize pack from Newstead Brewing Co. – valued at $500. There is a total of one (1) winner for The Weekend Edition’s 2019 EAT/drink Awards Voting Competition.
- The Winner will be contacted by Monday July 8 by 5:00 pm via email and phone.
- The Promoter is The Weekend Edition (ABN 13 082 488 695) a division of Colour Chiefs Pty Ltd.
- Information on Prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
How to Enter:
- To participate in the Competition, the entrant must subscribe or have subscribed to The Weekend Edition Gold Coast’s e-news.
- Existing subscribers only need to enter the competition on The Weekend Edition website.
- Entrants must fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on The Weekend Edition website. If you do not supply the information, your entry will be deemed invalid. You may only enter this competition once.
- Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- The Prizes are not negotiable or redeemable for cash.
- The Prizes must be redeemed by the Prize Winner.
- Eligibility: to be eligible to enter this Competition, a person must:
- be over 18 years of age
- be permanent residents of the State of Queensland
- fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on The Weekend Edition website
- not be employees of The Weekend Edition and their immediate families, the staff of companies involved in the production, publishing and administration of this promotion and their immediate family means parents, siblings, defacto, spouse, children and grandparents.
- Competition Dates: The Competition commences at 5:00 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Friday June 7, 2019 and closes at 11:59 pm on Sunday June 23, 2019. All entries must be received by the Promoter by 11:59 pm AEST on Sunday June 23, 2019.
- Competition Draw: The Main Prize Winner will be selected for voting for the most winners across all categories. The winner will be randomly drawn on Monday July 8, 2019 by 5:00 pm AEST at The Weekend Edition Office, 41 Victoria Street, Windsor 4030. The Winners of the Prizes will be the first eligible entry drawn. The decision will be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner Notification: The Weekend Edition will notify the winner by Monday July 8 at 5:00 pm via email and phone. The Weekend Edition reserves the right to use information regarding the Winners of the Competition for marketing purposes, including publication of their names on the websites maintained by the Promoter.
- No liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the Prizes to the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the Competition or acceptance of the Prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or cancel the Competition at any time prior to the Competition opening without further recourse to the entrants.
- Important – Privacy: The information that entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Competition and of periodically providing entrants with marketing information about the Promoter’s products and services. By entering this Competition entrants consent to the use of their contact details for the purposes described in this clause.
- Force Majeure: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.
- In the case of intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolution discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start with the same conditions.
- The Promoter of the Competition is The Weekend Edition, a division of Colour Chiefs Pty Ltd ABN 13 082 488 695 whose principal office is at 41 Victoria Street, Windsor, 4030.