Chorizo and Roast Veggie Bake recipe
This delicious Chorizo and Roast Veggie bake gets extra kudos for versatility. Ingredients can be added or left out as desired, and the recipe can be doubled to feed more mouths (or keep as leftovers). The chorizo can be omitted to create a vegetarian version, adding chickpeas or feta instead. We’ve sourced all of our ingredients from the The Village Markets at Kelvin Grove, including a mix of yellow and black cherry tomatoes from Heritage Tomatoes and chorizo from Randall Ferlito Fine Foods.
Makes 4 lady serves or 2–3 very hungry male serves
1/4 jap pumpkin, about $2 worth, roughly cut into large cubes
2 large zucchini, cut lengthways then sliced
1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
1 red capsicum, cored and sliced
200 g swiss brown button mushrooms, sliced thickly
200 g Heritage Tomatoes, left whole
1 brown onion, roughly cut into eighths
60 g baby spinach leaves
2 chorizo, sliced thickly
Dried parsley flakes
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill to 200°C. Place tomatoes in a baking dish, season with salt, pepper and parsley and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Grill for 10–12 minutes. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, prepare all vegetables. Add pumpkin and onion to a large baking dish. Toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 15–20 minutes at 200°C or until pumpkin is soft but not mushy. Next add the zucchini and eggplant and bake for 10 minutes. Add capsicum and bake for a further 10 mins.
3. Once you’ve added the capsicum, cook mushrooms in a frying pan on medium heat in 1 tablespoon of olive and 1 tablespoon of butter for 5 minutes. Set cooked mushrooms aside. Then cook chorizo for 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Add tomatoes, mushrooms and chorizo to other vegetables with about 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and bake for a further 5 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. Season with salt and pepper. Add baby spinach leaves and toss through chorizo and roast veggie bake gently until starting to wilt. Serve immediately.
The Stumble Guide is our comprehensive Brisbane dining guide with more than 2400 places to eat, drink, shop and play.