The Lanes Coffee Festival
Rise and grind when a massive specialty coffee festival comes to Fortitude Valley this July – The Lanes Coffee Festival.
Bringing the hipster’s dream of coffee festivals, with underground roasters that are so cool that you don’t even know them yet, mixing shoulders and syphons with some of the big guns of the industry like Single O, Fonzie Abbott, Wolff Roasters, Coffee Supreme and Padre Coffee, just to name a few of the 19 Roasters that will be appearing at the event.
Don’t cry into your burnt, half-strength skinny almond café latte on July 27th – tears don’t taste good and you’ll look weird doing it in public. Spread across Bakery, California and Winn Lane in Fortitude Valley, the best of the Brisbane coffee scene will be slinging espressos and some of Australia’s finest filters and alt-brews that will excite your taste buds, whilst taking in some of the events these coffee wizards are putting on. And it doesn’t stop there, with evening celebrations making way for Nitro Expresso Martinis and a secret Fonzie Abbott Pop-Up Bar that you’ll have to see to believe.
The day with be filled with master classes, demonstrations, new product launches and competitions. Here are just a few that will be happening on the day: –
1. Hannah from Coffee Supreme will be talking about Blends and sustainability in the coffee industry.
2. Penny from EziCaf Solutions will be demonstrating her new product launch- the ‘Gold Filter’
3. Joshua Walhain the Queensland Delta Press Champion will be doing an on-stage demo
4. Sam from the New Black will be running a ‘roast at home’ demonstration
1. A headlining ‘Latte Art Smack Down Competition’ that is sure to make you question everything you thought you know about that squiggle in your crema.
1. LTD will be holding a Cold Brew with the Toddy class
2. The Bowery Bar will be teaching you to make alcoholic coffee drinks including their famous Espresso Martini. Plus, you will take away the instructions so you can make at home.
3. Reverends will be holding Pourover Coffee demonstrations.
Live music will play across two main stages, as suppliers and businesses in The Lanes Fortitude Valley combine for a massive party to celebrate all things coffee. The regular crew of The Bowery, Reverends Fine Coffee, The New Black, Cakes & Shit, The Stand, No.5 Café, Laruche, Ltd Espresso + Brew Bar and TSO Valley will be backing up the guests and serving up that delicious brew and bevvies all day and into the evening.
Want to keep up to date with all things java? Make sure you follow the Facebook event page for all updates.