Tastes of the Terraces
From its character-filled Queenslanders to its bevy of incredible bars, cafes and restaurants, there’s a lot to love about Paddington. While most locals living in Brisbane’s inner west will likely already be familiar with the storied suburb’s magic, those that haven’t savoured the neighbourhood’s bounty in a while will have the perfect opportunity to do so from May 20–22 when Tastes of the Terraces take over Paddington’s historical terrace precinct.
Over three days, the strip encompassing Given Terrace and Latrobe Terrace (all the way up to the Collingwood Street intersection) will come to life for a weekend of wining and dining, with more than 35 locales uniting to offer a host of special offers and exclusive deals. The Tastes of the Terraces roster will include restaurants such as NOTA Restaurant & Wine Bar, Grappino, Elementi, Ngon, Emily Yeoh Restaurant, more casual eateries like Naïm, MAO Latin Dining, King Tea and Hai Hai Ramen, bars such as Noir, Hope & Anchor and Reuben’s Deli & Bar, and coffee and brunch spots like Blackout, Anouk, Chapter IV, and Paddington Social.
Further details on the weekend’s offerings will be revealed soon, but here are a few of the delicious deals happening:
- Sassafras is offering diners a free kid’s meal with every adult meal purchased before 2:00 pm during the festival.
- Reuben’s is offering a taste of its very popular New Orleans Jambalaya for just $10.
- The Paddo is offering coconut chicken bao buns for just $10.
- Take on the Laska Challenge at Emily Yeoh – one litre of laska soup, plus 500 grams of ramen noodles, 500 grams of the protein of your choice and a pint of Tiger beer. The challenge is $55 per person, and if you can finish within 30 minutes, the meal is free and you’ll will be posted on Emily Yeoh’s hall of fame and you’ll score free Emily Yeoh T-shirt (while stocks last)!
- Buy one coffee at Half Day Coffee and get the second coffee at half price when you mention Tastes of the Terraces when ordering.
- Spicy Im Thai is offering one serving of spring rolls with every takeaway ordered online over $30.
- Hope & Anchor is offering 10 percent off the entire bill over the weekend if you mention Tastes of the Terraces.
- King Tea is offering a spring lunch special – two courses with a beer or wine for just $35 per person. Vegan option available.
Bookmark the Tastes of the Terraces event page and keep and eye out for more info.