Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal
The countdown is on! With Christmas just around the corner, the much-loved Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal is back and calling on all Australians to dig deep to support families in need at Christmas and beyond.
This year, Kmart will officially kick off its 30th year of the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal together with The Salvation Army to support members of the community in need at Christmas time and beyond.
With more than 2.9 million Australians currently living in poverty, Australia’s largest and longest running Christmas gift Appeal will once again support children, adults, seniors and families who are unable to afford gifts at Christmas and beyond.
To date, the Appeal has collected more than eight million gifts and all Aussies are encouraged to dig deep and help celebrate 30 years of the Appeal by giving in store or online.
During December, The Salvation Army assists three times more people compared to any other month due to increased financial pressure at Christmas with extra bills, upcoming back-to-school costs, special meals, holiday activities for the children, added on to everyday living expenses. So, Support The Salvation Army by giving to the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal and make a difference to the lives of those in need at Christmas and beyond.
Get involved in the Appeal by:
– Placing a gift under the Wishing Tree at any Kmart store nationally
– Adding a little extra to your transaction by clicking the Wishing Tree logo on the self-serve checkouts
– Dropping your spare change in a coin collection box at any register
– Taking a bauble tag off the Wishing Tree and scan the barcode at any register to contribute
– Giving online at kmart.com.au/wishingtree
– Support The Salvation Army by giving to the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal and make a difference to the lives of those in need at Christmas and beyond.
You are also welcome to join the movement online!
Hashtags: #Whatsyourchristmastradition #Kmartwishingtreeappeal #30years