Italian language through the love of food
Ciao! Did you know that after English, Italian is the most widely spoken language in Australia? Named as one of the great Romance languages in the world, Italian forms part of everyday life, particularly through our food.
From the Tower of Pisa to ordering pizza, the menu is just as rich as its culture and language. This course aims to give you a basic knowledge of the Italian language through its food, enabling you to travel comfortably through the country or simply have a better understanding of what’s in your pantry.
Topics covered in this course include:
– Introduce yourself in Italian – sharing details such as name, nationality and age
– Count to 100 and beyond (great for when you need to shop or barter at the markets!)
– Read the time, manage directions and chat about the weather
– Buy a train ticket in Italy and know your way around a train station
– Enjoy Italy’s cafe culture and learn the language of espresso
– The different types of restaurants in Italy and how to order in Italian
– Work through an Italian wine menu, understanding the basic terms and varieties
Head to the Bright Learning website to register.