Festival of Lights
Grab the troops and head to Westfield Chermside for the Festival of Lights! Each night from 3 – 5 August, the dining precinct will transform into a hub of lighting, interactive displays and live music.
We’re kicking each night off with a fireworks display and a live lighting show of the Urchin curated by audio-visual artist, Kit Webster.
See below for a run down of events and interactive projections available from 6:00–9:00 pm, Thursday to Sunday:
- Fireworks at 6:00 pm each night
- Live light show on the hour, each hour that can be enjoyed from the urchin to the ponds
- Audiovisual artist, Kit Webster will be live mapping the urchin between 6:00–9:00 pm
- Live DJ’s performing under The Urchin
- Free glow-in-the-dark face painting
- LED Robot stilt walkers roaming the dining precinct
- ‘Light Wave Archway’: An illuminated aerial archway filled with tiny LEDs
- ‘Adventures Under The Sea’: Witness a magical adventure with creatures from the deep coming to life inside the precinct water ponds
- ‘Digital dance off’: Bust a move with our pixel projection man that mirrors your moves using kinetic projection technology
- ‘Kalidescope Walkway’: Walk through liquid and forge trails in fields of colour along this interactive projected walkway.