Express Year of the Edit with Queensland Writers Centre
Spend the latter half of the year polishing your novel for submission or publication.
After the monumental task of finishing your novel, invest in its success. Work with an experienced editor as you undertake the process of editing your work, through structural and copy editing, identifying and remedying plot holes, weak scenes and characters, and the crucial art of critique.
Perhaps you’re always getting pushed back by publishers and agents; maybe your submissions are continually getting denied? This tutor-guided course is filled with information and practical editing activities that will give you the skills and the confidence to improve your own work. Get ready to turn your manuscript from promising draft to polished piece!
Participants will also share in group critiques and receive feedback on 10 sample pages from their manuscript.
Through individual consultations, group critiques, editing exercises, and discussions, Express Year of the Edit will improve your editing knowledge and overall writing skillset in the following key areas:
– Develop your skills in revision, self-editing, and critique by thinking like an editor
– Design a strategy to identify issues within your manuscript
– Enhance the plot and pace within your manuscript through editing
– Strengthen character arcs within your manuscript through editing
– Develop consistency with author voice and tone
– Strengthen the themes within your manuscript through editing
– Develop a keen eye for common word-level errors