Brisbane City Council’s Green Heart Fair
Brisbane’s biggest free sustainable living festival is turning ten! Brisbane City Council’s Green Heart Fair is back with an action-packed day of hands-on sustainability workshops, green living ideas, eco-gardening, fabulous food and all-day entertainment.
From 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Sunday 2 June, join more than 100 of Brisbane’s leading eco-experts including sustainability organisations, community groups, artisans, foodies (with plenty of vegan and gluten free options!), green-thumbs, and local businesses to embrace sustainable living. To help create a clean and green Brisbane, attendees are encouraged to travel by bus, bike or walk to the fair.
Fair goers are treated to loads of fun activities and entertainment throughout the day with a jam-packed schedule that includes:
• All day entertainment and live music on the main stage by local Brisbane bands
• Free kids fun including a wide variety of hands-on activities, alongside performances by PJ Masks and nature play
• Free plants with a first-in, first-served basis. You’ll have to be quick to score one of the 2000 native plants being given away
• Live native animals and a koala detection dog mascot at Council’s marquee
• Brisbane’s best artisans showcasing their finest collections of 100% locally handcrafted market goodies from upcycled seatbelt bags, recycled jewellery, organic kids wear and sustainable homewares
• Sustainability workshops with Brisbane’s best eco-experts – think hands-on sustainability workshops, green home and garden tips, recycled artwork sessions
• Expert talks from sustainability warriors Craig Reucassel from ABC’s War on Waste series and zero waste blogger Lindsay Miles inspiring us to reduce, reuse and rethink
• Move for Less expo, showcasing how Brisbane residents can get from A to B for less, while also saving our environment
• Exhibitors, community groups and food vendors promoting all things sustainability, and much more!