If you think October festivals are all about lederhosen and steins, think again! On Saturday October 28, the Carseldine Markets will be throwing its inaugural pet’s day bash for all furry friends, four legged or otherwise. Barktoberfest! is here, and its sure to keep tails wagging.
Highlights on the day will include:
- Puppy Adoption Zone, run by the Animal Welfare League QLD
- Pawparazziphoto contest! We are searching for Brisbane’s cutest, funniest, most adorable pet photos! With guest judges including Animal Welfare League ambassadors and representatives from local care groups, there will be great market prizes awarded on the day, including a people choice award!
- Interactive arts & crafts for the whole family! The team from West End Raw Arts will be on hand with a special pets and animals crafts zone for the kids to have some hands-on fun.
- Little Critters Petting Zoo & Welfare Rescue Centre
- Jumping castle and train rides
- Live music and entertainment throughout the markets
- Pet and animal focussed market stalls including specialty pet toys, clothes and accessories
- A puppy kissing booth!
Plus all our regular Carseldine Markets farm fresh produce, gourmet food, provision, arts crafts and fashion offerings.
Partnering with Carseldine Markets for the event is the Animal Welfare League Qld. Established in 1959, AWLQ partners with local shelters to improve the outcomes for stray and surrendered pets.
We are hoping to make this one of North Brisbane’s best known and regarded pooch awareness days – especially leading up to the summer months and Christmas. Our markets are one of the most popular destinations to enjoy a day out with furry friends – and we see this as the perfect opportunity to have fun, raise awareness and assist a wonderful organisation.