Bacchus Truffle Degustation
In breaking culinary news that promises to have foodies salivating, Bacchus Restaurant has announced the return of the acclaimed Truffle Degustation. Hugely popular last winter, this seasonal degustation has been reimagined by Head Chef Massimo Speroni and features prawn, egg, risotto, beef and ice cream as the key dishes.
Truffles take a dish from delightful to decadent, from fulfilling to a full-on flavour festival, and in the hands of an international qualified chef, in-season Black Australian Truffles are, magic. The Black Winter Truffles (Tuber melanosporum) used by Chef Speroni come from Tasmania and Western Australia, which are right now, magnificently in-season.
The Bacchus Truffle Degustation features five courses, each perfectly flavored with the fungi that is so sought after all around the world. The five courses are:
- Prawn: tartare black truffle with prawns from Shark Bay in WA
- Egg: Free range 64-degree egg, with potato textures
- Risotto: Chef Speroni’s classic Italian parmesan recipe with acid butter
- Beef: black market smoked eggplant and camel cheese with Pure Black Angus (MB5+) from Rangers Valley in NSW
- Ice Cream: chocolate and truffle
The Truffle Degustation is available only until August 4, 2018 and is priced at $179 per person or $269 per person with continuous Savatere Pinot Noir. Bookings are essential – phone 07 3364 0837 or at [email protected]